Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Principles

Unit two Choice 6:1
1 Read 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13, 4:1-12, 5: 1-22; Thessalonians 3:1-6, 11. Then compile a list of attributes Paul counseled members to improve.
Love one another
Stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God
walk and to please God
abstain from fornication
possess his vessel in sanctification and honour
no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter:
study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands
walk honestly
but let us watch and be sober.
putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ
comfort yourselves together, and edify one another
be patient toward all men.
follow that which is good
Pray without ceasing
give thanks
Quench not the Spirit.
Hold fast that which is good
Abstain from all appearance of evil
2. Select 3 Attributes from your list and write plans of how you want to improve in each area
Walk Honestly: Being honest in our everyday dealings are so important. When we are interviewed by our bishops or church leaders whether it’s to receive a temple recommend or start a new calling its important that we are completely honest. In order for me to improve in this area I am going to remind myself of the perfect example Christ set. Christ was the most honest and humble being that ever walked the earth, and I think that if I try to model my life after his, then I will improve in walking honestly.
Be Patient towards all men: Often it is very hard for us to be patient with others, especially when we get hurt by them in some way. To me, patience goes hand in hand with forgiveness. We have been taught that we are to forgive all of our fellow men, or else there will be consequences toward us. I think that If I remind myself of this principle then I will be able to be more patient towards my fellow men.

Give Thanks: It’s really easy to dwell on the problems that we face in life.  More often than not, I find myself forgetting a lot of the things that I have that I should be so grateful for. All of us are blessed extremely in various ways. It’s the little things that I forget to give thanks for, such as a warm bed, an opportunity to learn, and great friends. All these things are blessing given to us from God. I think that if I remind myself of this while I’m saying my prayers then I’ll be able to give thanks more often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment